On 3rd of September 2020 AFEW International has launched the regional “COVID-19 Solidarity Program in the Eastern Partnership countries” with the financial support of the European Union and in partnership with People in Need and the Netherlands Helsinki Committee. This project aims to support community based organizations (CBOs) to respond to the immediate and longer term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Eastern Partnership countries.
In October AFEW International selected 8 proposals from 5 countries from the Eastern Partnership. Considering that in the 1st round, we have received insufficient number of applications from Moldova, we relaunch now the call for applications specifically for Moldova.
Eligibility criteria for the applicant
- Applicant is a Community based organization (CBO) or represents the interests and needs of the following groups:
- Sex workers
- Men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Women vulnerable to HIV
- Adolescents and/or youth
- People using drugs
- People living with HIV (PLHIV)
Other target groups of the project are covered by the partner organizations.
- Applicant is based in the Republic of Moldova.
- Applicant is a registered CBO or – if not registered – provides references from partner organisations. COVID-19 Solidary Program for Eastern Partnership countries operational team shall be able to receive sufficient information about an applicant and can request information about applicant’s capacities from mentioned partners. An applicant can be a national or regional network. Proposals by individuals will not be taken into consideration for funding. Unregistered initiatives and groups if awarded a grant, need to find a reliable fiscal partner which can receive the grant money through an international transfer.
How can CBOs apply
In order to apply, please follow these simple steps:
- Fill out the application form. An application shall be submitted in English or Russian. The deadline for submitting the form is on 6 November 2020 at 17:00 CET (Amsterdam time). All proposals submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed!
- Send this form to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once submitted, you will receive an automated notification.
- Wait for the decision of the Selection Commission regarding your application. The review of the applications will be done within 2 weeks after the deadline. The decisions will be announced on 20 November 2020.
- If you have questions, please refer them to the above-mentioned email address or to Valeria Fulga: email@example.com.
More details about the call for applications – here.
Application Form CoV-19 Solidarity Program – download.
Budget form download.
Bank details form download.