Join a team of professionals dedicated to improving the health and rights of underserved populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia!
Overall Job Objective:
To provide financial support, assistance in legal and human resource matters; to ensure that the company meets its statutory and regulatory financial obligations; to maintain sound financial management and control to safeguard the assets of the company; to provide adequate financial information to assist the Executive Director in decision making.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Related to Financial Control:
• To provide continuous review and maintenance of accounting and financial control throughout the organisation.
• To prepare regular financial updates for the Executive Director and the Board: income and expenses actual versus budget analysis and forecast.
• To manage cash flow: to prepare liquidity reports and liquidity forecast.
Related to Bank:
• Cooperate with bank regarding payments, company credit cards and other issues
• Process payments on request via banking electronic system;
• To coordinate Deposit accounts of the company funds
• To manage petty cash of Amsterdam office.
Related to Accounting and Consolidation of Financial Data:
• To book transactions in financial system, including bank payments, credit cards payments, petty cash expenses
• Make manual transactions and corrections in the financial system, as required
• Input currency rates into financial system on a monthly basis
• Responsible for performing monthly, quarterly and annual financial closure.
Related to Donor Relationship / Donors Reporting
• To communicate with donor organisations regarding financial reporting and other issues
• To monitor and track donor’s receivable according to the donor contracts;
• Review Donor contracts for essential financial information; to ensure the compliance with the various standards requested by Donors.
• To be responsible for the donor reports preparation
Related to work with Sub-recipients (Subgrantees):
• To be responsible for arranging and signing contracts with sub-recipients in other countries; to agree and negotiate with local offices about contracts and budgets;
• To trace money tranches to the local offices and receipt of reporting from them on a quarterly basis. To check financial reports and approve them.
Related to Budgeting:
• To be responsible for the development of the organisation’s operational budget.
• To co-ordinate the budgeting process of the international Secretariat’s projects, as necessary.
Related to Audit:
• To co-ordinate annual and project audits, executed by external auditors; prepare account reconciliations, various reports and analysis.
• Prepare annual Financial Statements.
Related to Human Resource Administration:
• To assist in drafting contracts, keeping records, maintaining personnel files, in accordance with
internal rules and procedures.
• Prepare payroll file on a monthly basis
Please see the full position description and requirements in the Annex.
Deadline – 31 January 2023