EECA INTERACT Workshop is pleased to announce that abstract submission for the Almaty workshop to be held 18-19 November 2019 is open! Deadline for submission: 20 September 2019.
Researchers from Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) are invited to submit their scientific abstracts to participate in the two-day Workshop. EECA INTERACT 2019 will bring scientists, clinicians, members of civil society, and government officials together to tackle topics facing individual countries while building capacity and strengthening research and clinical networks. The two-day conference will address topics that are specifically relevant to EECA and will dive deeply into particularities of both Central Asia and the host country, Kazakhstan, showcasing successes, remaining challenges, and responses.
We invite researchers to submit their abstract on one of the following topics:
Health and science
- Antiretroviral treatment and HIV care
- Basic science and HIV cure
- Tuberculosis, hepatitis, and HIV co-infections, including sexually transmitted infections
- HIV and co-morbidities
- HIV prevention including HIV vaccines and antibodies
- Socio-behavioural research
- Laboratory monitoring/diagnostics
- PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis)
- Paediatrics and prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT)
Society and science
- Community/civil society engagement in research
- Information technology innovations for HIV
- Key Populations: prevention and treatment challenges
- Regulatory, ethical, and research conduct issues
- Women and HIV
- Stigma and discrimination
Policy and science
- Health system strengthening
- Knowledge translation to policy and programming
- Economics, innovative financing, development goals
- Implementation science, cost-effectiveness, and modelling
We encourage researchers from Eastern Europe and Central Asia to submit their abstracts. The online application is until 20 September 2019.
You can download the complete call here and apply by sending your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name and date in the subject.
After the application deadline, your abstract will be reviewed and you will receive an e-mail.
If you have any further questions, please contact Helena_arntz@afew.nl.
EECA INTERACT 2019 is organized by AFEW International, Amsterdam Institute for Global Health & Development (AIGHD), AFEW Kazakhstan and the Kazakh Scientific Center of Dermatology and Infectious Diseases.
Sponsors – Johnson & Johnson, Gilead, Aidsfonds.
Venue of the event: Hotel Mercure Almaty City Center.