UAF’s Beijing +25 Advocacy Grants Program. Please, apply!
Beijing +25 Advocacy Grants Program seeks to amplify the voices of women, trans, and gender diverse communities engaging with the Beijing +25/Generation Equality Forum (GEF) process to review and follow-up on the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action on its 25th anniversary.
The grants will be for women and gender diverse activists to global advocacy spaces to engage with Beijing +25 processes and/or push for commitments from governments or other stakeholders as part of the GEF framing.
Funding for UAF’s Beijing +25 grant application will be given for advocacy activities like the following:
- Raising awareness about the Beijing +25/GEF process and its relevance for marginalized communities
- Organizing and mobilizing marginalized communities to formulate collective demands and strategize
- Participating in shaping and planning the Forum meetings and agendas
- Connecting marginalized groups with Beijing +25/GEF processes and sharing information so they can engage with the process in a meaningful way.
UAF’s Beijing +25 Grant Program aims to support activists who are typically under-represented in global advocacy spaces and who work at the intersection of various social movements. Women/trans/gender diverse people must be the primary decision-makers in the organization, group, or action.
This grant will prioritize both thematic and regional areas that have been left out of these processes, including but not limited to:
- activists who are radicalized, indigenous, and from other marginalized ethnic and religious groups
- environmental and land rights defenders
- disability rights defenders
- lesbian, bisexual, trans, queer, intersex, gender non-conforming, non-binary, and other gender-diverse defenders
- sex worker and informal, domestic, and low-wage worker rights defenders
- migrant, displaced refugee, or stateless defenders and those affected by conflict and occupation, and other under-represented groups, etc.
GRANT SIZE: UAF’s is granting up to US$8,000. The final grant amount awarded is determined by the UAF staff.
GRANT PERIOD: Grant activities can take place before, during, in between, and/or after official Forum meetings and can focus on local, national, sub-regional, regional, and/or global levels but all grant activities must be completed by 31 December 2021.
GRANT APPLICATION DEADLINE: The deadline to apply is 15 November 2020. Select grantees will be notified by 15 January 2021. All grant activities must be completed by 31 December 2021.
UAF will accept applications and provide support to women and trans human rights defenders/activists or organizations led by women or trans activists from the regions/countries below:
- Central Asia
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East
- South Caucasus
- United States
- Western Europe
To apply, complete, and submit the Beijing +25 Advocacy Grant Application Form on the website here.